Re: [oletrucks] Blast Cabinet Advice Needed

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Blast Cabinet Advice Needed
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:14:35 -0800
Hi Deve,

My blast cabinet is one of my most frequently used tools.

I made my first blast cabinet out of a big cardboard box and some
plexiglass.  Worked surprisingly well, but as I did more, I decided to buy
one of the bench top units from Harbor Freight.  It isn't the little orange
one.  It is a little bigger, gray, cost about $70, and works reasonably well
once the gloves are replaced with better quality rubber gloves, also from
Harbor Freight.

I'd like a bigger one better, but for the price, it isn't bad.  If I did it
again, I'd consider buying a kit from TIP and making my own, with a larger
size.  Harbor Freight also sells a larger one now, which was unavailable
when I got mine..

Whatever you get, you should conisider putting it on wheels,  because you
can also see what;s going on better in daylight.  They also leak, and
although leakage is not extreme, it is enough so you don't want it in the
same room where you have things taken apart.

Regards,

Grant S gls@4link.net