Re: [oletrucks] Paint Colors for 58 GMC

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint Colors for 58 GMC
From: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:58:25 -0600
Jim,
    Your dipping thing reminded me of a friend that restored a 67 Camaro. I
mean he was fanatical about being original. Any way, some of the parts are
dip painted (Springs, A-arms etc.) and though I don't know if it was his
idea or not, the way he did it was really trick.
    He filled a bucket (big enough to hold the part) with water, then added
a 1/2 inch or so of oil base paint. Being oil it floated on the water. He
then dipped the part in and out, slowly. Left them hanging above the bucket
till dry.
    Gotta admit it sure was a easy way to paint coil springs!

Terry & Ace