Re: [oletrucks] bead blasting

To: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bead blasting
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:45:31 -0800
Baking soda is very nive media for sheet metal.  Commercial operators
sometimes wet blast it, so there's no heat buildup.   It is very gentle to
metal, but it still takes up paint efficiently.

I like to use it for home blasting.  It doesn't get in your eyes and mouth
like grit, and cleans up very nicely with a garden hose.  You can also use
it right out of the box for small jobs.

Nut shells are supposed to be bad for paint prep because they deposit oil in
the metal.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net