Re: [oletrucks] bead blasting

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bead blasting
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:25:26 -0600
Good discussion.  Sounds like media is the way to go.  I also have
heard of the bead blasting changing the metal.  Also, if you were
going to see stress cracks - they would probably turn up after the
parts had been used for a time - right?  The nutshell oils makes sense -
never heard that.   And - after owning TF trucks for years - I don't
need any more sediments "holing up" causing rust like the eyebrows
and hinge pockets on 55-59s.

So, are there different types of media - one that is better than another.
Does the process heat the metal like bead blasting??  Can you reclaim
the media??

What about sand blasting?  Seems like the same problems as with
powder blasting - buildup.

Media sounds the best.  I will always pay more for better quality.
Eric