[oletrucks] Harmonic Ballancer Removal??

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Harmonic Ballancer Removal??
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:04:38 -0600
I've hit a snag in the dissassembly of my old 283.  It has the original
harmonic ballancer with the pully rivetted to it.  The problem is, there is
a broken bolt in one of the holes I need to use for the puller.  Is there
some other way to remove the ballancer other than useing a bolt type
puller?  The bolt is sheared of even with the face of the pullyand is
slightly bent into the side of the hole.  The bolt goes all the way through
the ballancer and if I could get to the back side to drill it the bolt
would probbably back out.  I could drill the bolt the way it is but I'd
sure rather be able to put it under the drill press.

Robert
82  1/2 ton Crew Cab short bed (custom)
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.
55 - 2  3100, 3105 & 6400
and a few others