Re: [oletrucks] Gen. - Alt. / Points to electronic

To: "Knapik, Robert J" <robert.j.knapik@intel.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gen. - Alt. / Points to electronic
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:49:36 -0800
The best and easiest conversion would be an internal regulator alternator
that's already been converted to one-wire operation.

Then all you need to do is run only the large wire to the amp meter if
that's what you have and then back to the starter.

 If you have a voltmeter gauge all you do is run the alternator wire back to
the starter.

 I convert all my alternators to one-wire operation to clean-up the engine
compartment and never have to worry about them again.

Don't know to much about converting the distributors over to electronic.  I
normally just buy a newer 6 cylinder that came with it already installed.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com