Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)

To: <Passnb4U@aol.com>, <jforbes@primenet.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:05:25 -0800
Hi Mike,

Actually, yes, I do have bias ply tires,  and an oil bath air filter.  Not
sure what kind of oil happens to be in there at the moment.

I understand what you're saying, though.  I agree to the extent that I have
replaced things which I have found to affirmatively interfere with
driveability, such as the 6 volt system and the low gear ratio, or with
safety, such as the single master cyllinder.

I can also understand the appeal of having an old looking truck with the
performance and reliability of modern mechanicals.

But I still can't quite get my mind around the idea of mechanicals which are
part old and part new, where the new is not there because the old doesn't
function at a minimally satisfactory level (i.e. 6 volt), but rather because
it represents a marginal improvement.  But close enough, I guess, not worth
beating it to death.  Wouldn't be the first time I missed something
everybody else understood.

And like I said, if you ever do put EFI on the old 235, I definitely want to
go for a drive in it.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net