Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)

To: tibbers@earthlink.net, Passnb4U@aol.com, gls@4link.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)
From: LandBBall@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:00:11 EST
What a grate discussion here HEI and EFI both grat subjicts. i m o elt.ign.
is far better than points , if it`s done right. Pertronics, Ignoiter or any
of the kits you put in your old dist. are JUNK. I am in the marine engine
repair busness and see these units fail all the time becaus thay cant stand
the heavy load. In my truck I have turbocharged 350 with stock delco dist.
that I modifyed to accept a Chrysler elt. ign. system pluged in to a MSD ecu.
It worke grate. no cold start problems and helps eliminate turbo lag. I also
have 79 blazer with a turboed 350 in it with HEI and it works ok but not as
well as my other system so Im going to chang it soon. The MSD also helped my
girls turbocharged /6 doge dart. It seems the MSD system is a big help on
cold start problems. t least for me hrer in the NW.

  Louie  58 Fleetside [OIe Shep]