Re: [oletrucks] Followup: valve adjust

To: Thomas M OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Followup: valve adjust
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 08:47:14 -0700
adjusting the hydraulic lifters with the engine running is a mickey mouse
operation, dont do it. do like the factory says to do it, after all, they
spend more money on research than most of us will ever see. you will get a
better adjustment and smoother running engine by doing it with the engine
off. i hope i dont step on anyones toes here. when i had my auto shop, i
would run off any mechanic who would adjust hydraulic valves with a running
motor. nm jim