Re: [oletrucks] Gauge Repair & Conversion

To: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gauge Repair & Conversion
From: Paul Blosser <paulb@todays-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:27:59 -0600
Thanks for the offer Jeff.  I'm about to start on all the body work, replacing
a rusted out toeboard etc.  Since it's cold here, I thought I might find
something I could work on inside without making too big a mess.

I'm not even sure what gauges work or don't work other than the temp gauge
which I forgot to unhook when pulling the engine.  I might take you up on a
temp gauge.  This truck even has the radio -- I think I'll keep it.  I may
either see what later model gauges would fit from the junkyard or use voltage
converters to run the gauges from a 12-volt system.

I bought a beading machine from Harbor Freight I thought I would try my hand
with.  I think it should be pretty easy to cut some of the smaller metal pieces
I need, like the inner cowls and perhaps the toeboard and floor boards. I
should even be able to put the beads into these for looks and strength.  I'll
let everyone know how this turns out.

Paul Blosser
1954 3100