Re: [oletrucks] Spare Tire Carrier

To: trks@javanet.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spare Tire Carrier
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:22:36 -0600
My '51 3100 Deluxe Cab has the "under the rear bed" spare tire carrier,
and I can tell you by experience that it works quite well.  Personally, I
would rather have the outside the bed mount, but you have to have a rear
fender with a cut-out in order to make it work.

The biggest problem that I had when I had to change the right front tire
was trying to jack up the front end with my new scissor jack.  Oh man,
what a job!  It took me 20 minutes of huffing and puffing to raise it off
the ground.  I even bent the handle of the jack.  These trucks are
"HEAVY"!  It's not like jacking up a Toyota, let me tell you.  Invest in
a heavy duty jack, unless you want a good workout.

Larry of OKC
"The Mighty '51"

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.