Re: [oletrucks] A word about POR-15

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A word about POR-15
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:59:58 -0800
Yeah that Por-15 is some mean stuff to get on your hands.   The reducer is a
product called Zylene and that's burns the skin pretty good too.

Those little rubber gloves don't hold up very well and your better off
investing in some arm length chemical gloves when your applying the product
the next time.  If you do happen to get some on you, grab that Zylene and
wipe it off  ASAP or it will be with you for a few weeks.

I used to work for a paint company that made an industrial product similar
to Por-15 and was cut with zylene.  I'll have to get in touch with a friend
that works their still and try to find their product which is 1/2 the price.

I'm partial to the rust prevention product sold by Eastwood for overall
durability and rust prevention.  I can understand using the Por-15 because
it's black and can be left as is for frame coating.  I've just had better
results with the Eastwood products.

Joe
Chevy1