Re: [oletrucks] 6 lug disk brakes and dual m/c

To: BelAir Bob <rogerz@planetwide.com>, Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 lug disk brakes and dual m/c
From: Byron Schluter <b_schluter@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:58:22 -0800 (PST)
Another idea is to use a factory type warning light
setup.  Many later model cars and trucks use them.  It
consists of a special valve assembly that is connected
to both front and rear lines on a dual mc.  When both
systems are working properly the pressure coming into
both sides of the valve cancel each other out.  If
either the front or rear system looses pressure when
the brakes are applied a vavle (metal) slides to one
end of the bore.  When this happens the metal valve
comes in contact with a metal pin which is connected
to the ground side of the brake warning light
completing the electrical circuit and turning on the
light.

Food for thought.  I also think that dual master
cylinder is the safest way to go.

Byron

--- BelAir Bob <rogerz@planetwide.com> wrote:

> > If anyone has figured out how to put in a warning
> light for
> > pressure differential between the front and rear
> brakes I would be
> interested in
> > hearing about it.
>
> Grant,
>
> How about cutting a "T" fitting into both the front
> and rear lines and
> installing  hydraulic brake light switchs in them?
> the switches could be
> wired to two small indicator lights on the dash
> somewhere to tell you if
> you had brake pressure or not.  If you go this
> route, Ron Francis Wire
> Works is offering what they say is a better
> hydraulic switch than what has
> been available for years.  You know, this would
> actually be a fairly easy
> modification to do.  I might just have to add it to
> my next ol truck.
>
> Robert
> 82  1/2 ton Crew Cab short bed (custom)
> 57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.
> 55 - 2  3100, 3105 & 6400
> and a few others
>
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959

Do You Yahoo!?