[oletrucks] Engine Rebuild Costs on an I-6 ?

To: "OleTruck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Rebuild Costs on an I-6 ?
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:33:13 -0800
Well I have decided to do a complete rebuild on my 56 270 GMC. I am curious
as to how much cash I might expect to be dropping. I know that there has
already been a tremendous amount of high perf machine work done to this
motor. It still runs ok, however I think it has the slow death syndrome
because of the unleaded gas and sitting for 7yrs. So I thought I'd just do
it now before it dies. I know this can be a huge variable because of new
parts and machine work. Just wondering what y'all have spent on your
rebuilds. I will be doing most of the build up myself. I have a feeling that
I will spend more on the 302 head than the lower end since it has been
ported and has inner and outer springs. My guesstimate is 500 to 1000, am I
inline or out of line. Thanks
Eric Johnson, 48 suburban