Fwd: [oletrucks] Mig Welder For Patch Panels

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: [oletrucks] Mig Welder For Patch Panels
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:24:02 EST
--part1_b7.f87ceb.25e44a62_boundary

From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
To: "'Passnb4U@aol.com'" <Passnb4U@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Mig Welder For Patch Panels
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:22:20 -0500
Return-Receipt-To: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>

Ross,

    Eastwood also has "panel clamps" for butt welding. These clamps hold
the 2 pieces together with a narrow gap perfect for Mig welding (and Tig).
I've used these tools for a couple of jobs, the welding is nice and clean
with a minimum of grind down (just make sure you can get the tools out
before final welding. lol
    Another choice is "Cleco" panel temporary fasteners. They act as a
temporary rivet tightly holding together the 2 pieces. You can use these
tools with a bridge (strap of metal) to hold the parts together for butt
welding, remove and weld up the .06 dia holes once you are done with the
butt weld.

Jon Peters