Re: [oletrucks] Electric versus Air Tools

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electric versus Air Tools
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:35:36 -0500
Jim:

I've gotten used to my Sears Craftsman electric right angle job.  Been using it
steadily for 3 years
with no problems.  It's not the easiest switch to use, but I'll think of
replacing it with maybe a
different model when it wears out.  I bought a high speed straight cut-off
grinder from Harbor
Freight, it was a McCulloch model.  I use it with the thin cut-off wheels for
sheet metal trimming.
It runs at 27,000 rpms and really has plenty of moxie.  I think I paid about
$60 for it.  It's a bit
long, about 12" in length so it won't get into those tight places.  I've got an
air compressor, but
using grinders steadily eats up a lot of air and your compressor will be
running constantly, unless
you've got a decent size unit (240 volt).

Wally