Re: [oletrucks] A Vote for Original

To: <ldfinley@juno.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A Vote for Original
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:29:22 -0800
one of my
>fondest memories was riding around town with grandpa in the old truck.
>I'll never forget the night that I finished the mechanical work on my '51
>Chevy and fired it up.  Although it had been 35+ years since I had been
>in grandpa's truck, there was that unmistakeable sound, that sound that
>only a 216 makes.
>I think I'll keep mine original, just so 50 years from now, somebody will
>drive it and say aha, so that's what they drove 100 years ago.

Hi Larry,

This was a really nice message.  I got interested in old vehicles restoring
my Great Grandmother's Buick.

Your comments made me wonder if one's orientation regarding original vs.
rodded has less to do with age, and more to do with whether one has a strong
sentimental attachment to memories of an original condition vehicle.

Regards,

Grant S.