Re: [oletrucks] AD frontend lowering

To: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD frontend lowering
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:02:09 -0800
I had a plan of relocating the spring axle perch "the flat portion where the
springs contact the axle" to the lower side of the axle and placing the
springs on the bottom.  This would allow the front-end to be lowered the
thickness of the springs.
    My Dad was in a hurry to get his truck on the road so I ended up just
ordering him a set of those mono leaf springs that automatically lower the
truck a few inches.
    I didn't like the ride with the mono leafs "kind of bouncy".   We ended
up buying several different springs before we found one with the desired
extension/contraction rate to provide a suitable ride.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/