Re: [oletrucks] Kugel Brake Assembly

To: oldchevypickup@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Kugel Brake Assembly
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:43:05 EST
In a message dated 3/21/00 7:36:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
oldchevypickup@hotmail.com writes:

> Hello oletruckers,
>
>  I am in the process of restoring my 55.1. I have added a Heidt's IFS, Nova
>  rear, 350/350 combo, and now ready for the brakes.  I have added a
Bitchin'
>  Products firewall and would like to retain the smooth look, so cutting a
>  hole in it for a brake assembly is out of the question for me.  Has anyone
>  ever tried the power brake assembly that goes under the dash.  It's
mounted
>  sideways and has a swing peddle.  The system is made by Kugel Komponents.
>
>  Any insight on this would be appreciated before I spend the $425 for it.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  Dan Jacobsen

  Dan,

 Never tried that particular make, but F%$D Broncos have a similar type
(although mounted up on the firewall) with a linkage that goes off at about a
50-60* angle.

  Also, a Do$ge MotorHome I have, has a similar setup, again form the
firewall, goes from the booster, then out near a 90* turn to the MC.

  I guess what I'm saying is the setup shouldn't pose problems, if that was
your concern?

  Mike