[oletrucks] GMC olive engine paint

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC olive engine paint
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:47:47 EST
Hey everyone,

Need to buy some paint for my 270 for when it comes home from the shop in a
few weeks(hopefully). The truck it's going in is a '48 and the engine itself
is actually a '48 as well. The truck parts catalogs offer GMC olive engine
paint for '47 and '48. The paint that was on the engine when I got it could
have passed for John Deere green, but I definitely don't want that color if
that's what they mean by "olive". I like the later orange just fine, but
would like to keep the proper color if it's a decent looking thing. Are there
any pictures of this "GMC olive" on the net or in a book or could someone
give me a description or comparison of the color? Thanks.

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
48 GMC 3/4 ton