Re: [oletrucks] 49 3600 Suicide Rims

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 49 3600 Suicide Rims
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:55:40 -0800
Deve-

I sent the following message to Adam regarding my rim experience.  Maybe it
will give you an idea:

I had the original 15" split rims on my truck, and swapped them out for Ford
16" solid rims, readily available at any junk yard.  I had to use 1/4 inch
spacers on the front, and plan to buy the clips to attach for Chevy hub
caps.  I got big tubeless tires, that can be easily fixed if I get a flat,
and the larger diameter gives me considerably better gas mileage and speed
for a given RPM.  And they look great.  That would be my suggestion . . .

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)