Re: [oletrucks] 49 3600 Suicide Rims

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 49 3600 Suicide Rims
From: "john r dorsey" <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:57:06 -0500
Deve,
8 lug rims from a late model ford will fit with a spacer on the front. If
you don't want to deal with that take your rims to a real tire store that
changes truck tires.

I have never heard of the "suicide" rim in 8 lug, GM only used it in 10 lug.
Your 8 lug rims should be of the "split ring" variety. The outer rim snaps
off to replace the tire.

"suicide rims" dismount by coming apart in the center of the rim.

A truck tire shop will know how to inspect and assemble your rims to be sure
they are safe.

John
'49 Chevy 3800 Panel
'52 GMC 640 Firetruck