[oletrucks] AD throttle cable conversion

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD throttle cable conversion
From: Andrew Roberts <arobs@becker.u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:38:54 -0800 (PST)
I'd like to lose the loose linkage that's currently affixed to the side of
my 235 and replace it with a more modern throttle cable setup.  I see
several relatively easy ways to get the carb end of a cable connected
(since theres already a throttle cable connected to the dash).  The
problem is at the pedal end.  The easy way would be to bolt in a modern
pedal assembly that's designed to pull on a cable instead of pushing on a
rod.  However, I'd like to use the original pedal and keep the truck's
appearance as original as possible.

Is there a good way to convert to a more modern cable setup while
retaining the original pedal?  Does anyone make a kit for this?  What do
you guys with V8s do?

Andrew Roberts
1949 3600