Re: [oletrucks] is Carter's and Ammerican Classic Truck Parts the same

To: "Ole Trucks" <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] is Carter's and Ammerican Classic Truck Parts the same
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:52:29 -0600
They are not the same company, but I think American Classics tailored
themselves after Carters & even get some of their stock from them (hence the
slightly higher price).  In their defense for buying from another supplier,
I have found, over the years, that several of the retailers buy from each
other.  Given the high cost of molds for rubber & plastic parts, dies for
metal stamped parts & scairce supplies of some of the NOS only parts, they
shared the capital costs buy not duplicating some these startup costs & it
allows them to all offer a more complete line for their customers.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX