Re: [oletrucks] Electical Problems

To: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electical Problems
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:54:06 -0500
At 08:56 PM 03/29/2000 -0600, Doug Pewterbaugh wrote:
>Just got a puzzler.  Have been having problems recently with my battery
>going week (dead).  Truck will start up after sitting for weeks & then after
>a couple of stops around town it's dead & needs a push start.  Got home
>tonight & found the wire from the generator to the "ARM" post on the voltage
>regulator was major FRIED!  Any ideas what the cause is?  I've had the
>generator rebuilt twice, last time very recently; do I need to find a new
>rebuilder?

Doug
Generators aren't my specialty but I would look at all the contacts in the
voltage regulator and  make sure you don't have a dirty or pitted relay
contact that is hanging up and sticking.
At work I've used real fine grit sandpaper to clean'em up and they
"usually" work fine after that.
Good luck.
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck