Re: [oletrucks] Conversion from three window to five window

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Conversion from three window to five window
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:27:05 -0500
Not commonly found, but I did see one once; The top half of the cab is spot
welded to the bottom & I saw the top half, NOS, for sale at a swap meet one
time (it was for the 54/55 one piece windshield, but the split windshield
tops are probably out there).  I also remember a list discussion & even some
pictures from a guy who cut/reformed/ & welded the window holes in place on
a three window; it hardly looked worth the effort (not that the end result
isn't nice, but it was a lot of work).  I have a 5 window myself & had a
three window before & there is no comparison,.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX