RE: [oletrucks] 54 car drums

To: "'J Forbes'" <jforbes@primenet.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 54 car drums
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:11:55 -0400
Jim,

I agree, on the first about the backing plate. On the second I'll check
tonight because (hers) I have a 51 Chevy coupe that I'm updating to 54'
coupe drums. The car conversion requires everything. I should have gotten
the spindles as well ((from the 54') as they would have dropped the 51' car
1.5"). Anyway the reason to change between cars is the brake assembly (for
49' through 52' cars)is different than late model type drum brakes (53' -
70'?) i.e. expensive. Also I thing the Tex Smith book on "How to hotrod your
Chevy" has a section about this (for the truck as well as the car), I'll
look that up as well.

Get back to ya
Jon C. Peters
53' Chevy 3100
51' GMC 3100
51' Chevy Coupe

Quote of the day: " Remember now matter where you go, there you are"