[oletrucks] 54 car drums

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 54 car drums
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:36:16 -0700
On this swap (going from stock 6 lug to car 5 lug front brakes on 50s
vintage Chevy trucks), I think the only thing you need besides the
hub/drum assembly is the dust shield (thin metal plate that rests on the
spindle, between wheel bearing and backing plate) from the car.  The
truck plate is bigger diameter, and hits the car hub.

I think the car hubs/drums from 51-54 will work, but I'm sure the 53-54
will work.

The drums (without the hub) are available new at parts stores, they were
used on Chevy full size cars from the early 50s to 1970 (on the rear
only after 57)

Jim