[oletrucks] Introduction

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Introduction
From: TOMPOT@webtv.net (Tom and Judy Poterack)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:03:55 -0400 (EDT)
My name is Tom Poterack, I live in Illinois, and I recently purchased a
1949 Chevy 3/4 ton 3600 pickup.  In the glove box is a record of license
from Arizona for '80-'81.  I was told that it was a ranch truck that has
been in storage for 20yrs.  All it took was a new battery and a little
TLC to get it running.  The body is in great shape with only some dings
and scratches and very little rust.
Now I have all the problems inherent with the 1949 3600 model.....8 lug
17" suicide wheels, babbitt engine, high RPM low speed gear ratio tranny
and rearend.
I have ordered new 8 lug 15" wheels from Stockton Wheel and wide WW
tires from Coker.  I have ordered front mono springs to drop the front
end but the rear end is a different problem.  I have not decided whether
to go 235 6 cyl. or small block V8.
It seems all the equipment out there is for the 1/2 ton 3100 Chevys.  I
have been reading all the Ole Truck chatter I could to help me rebuild
my truck, so now you guys have to put up with me asking for your help
directly.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Tom
1949 3600