Re: [oletrucks] introduction

To: "David Byrd" <db527@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] introduction
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 16:00:00 -0700
Hi David-

I can relate to the story having driven my 1950 Chevrolet 1/2 ton P.U.
during my college days 80 miles round trip 4 days a week.  I "Thank God"
that I had a small block 283, 350 Automatic and 69 Chevelle posi unit to
motivate me down the highway.  I can tell you that I went through a heck of
a lot of bearings and races no matter how well and often they were packed.
Their was something about the V-8, 235-60-15's and the toe that placed a
load on the bearings.  I would pack them once a month and still they would
only last 7 months or so.  I've since rewarded it's valuable service "never
left me stranded" with a total rebuild and it rewards me with trophy's on a
regular basis.  I think the best upgrade you could give the truck being on a
budget would be to convert the truck over to independent front suspension
"bolt on" and upgrade to some power brakes at the same time.  Check out my
Web Site for information on the bolt on suspension conversion for the AD
trucks,

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/