Re: [oletrucks] MEMBERS

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] MEMBERS
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 01:29:07 -0400
Just as an aside here, I recently was infected with a computer virus that is
unique to Outlook 5,
called the "KAK Worm" virus.  It propagates through use of the signature file
and you can get it
through your e-mail, even without opening attached files.  It originated in
France and has only been
seen since January 2000.  I got rid of it by downloading a patch from
Microsoft, then having McAfee
anti-virus software flush it out.  The virus creates either a kak.htm or
kak.html file on your hard
drive that you can not delete by the usual methods.  Just some food for thought
for those enraptured
with the signature feature.  I usually just sign my info manually each time.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project