[oletrucks] master cylinders

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] master cylinders
From: "Brian m" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 22:08:36 PDT
hey list
first id like to thank everyone for their help on getting my pictures for my
report. ive gotten an A.

now for my question. i have the old, original master cylinder and hydravac
power booster in my '57. id like to move the master cylinder to the
firewall. i have access to a ton of 70s-80s camaro/firebird units, will
these fit? what kind of modifications am i looking at? is it just a matter
of drilling a few holes in my truck firewall and hooking up brake lines? im
running 4 wheel drums, will i need a proportioning valve or anything?
my original brakes have an internal leak, and i lost my brake lights cuz of
lack of pressure, enough to stop the truck safely, but not enough for the
lights apparently. so i figure now is a good time to upgrade to the safer,
duel circut, easy to get to firewall location, master cylinder.
Thanks, a LOT for any help, i need it asap tho. as im going "yardin" this
weekend.
thanks,
Brian
'57 chevy 3200