Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness.

To: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness.
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:36:59 -0700
Hi Antonio
I just went thru this on our 49 3100. I put just about everything from a
77GMC 1/2 ton under the 49, and I also used the steering column and
complete wiring harness. I have just the one big plug going thru the
firewall in nearly the same location it was in the 77 (left of column,
midway up the firewall)
If you lay the harness out on the floor it's pretty easy to figure out what
goes where, but I did pick up a Haynes book at the local parts store which
has several wiring diagrams with color codes in the back.
I don't know what the going rate is for a harness in a yard, but should be
less than the store bought new stuff. If you go that route try to get the
harness out yourself, as the yard folks are usually in a hurry and "cut"
rather than remove connectors etc.
>At 10:45 PM 5/10/00 -0700, Antonio R. Tijerino wrote:
>I am ready to start putting the wiring on my truck and I am trying to decide
>how to go about installing the wiring and what to use.
>EZ Wiring kit: too expensive.
>Ron Francis kit: way too expensive.
>Painless wiring: too expensive.
>Make my own: too messy.
>Chevy Duty own kit: $99.99 reasonable.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net  or

robert.f.fischer.jr@syntegra.com