Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation

To: ChevTruk53@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 06:16:38 EDT
I don't like removing a gas tank from the cab for safety reasons.  Cab
mounted tanks should pass FMVSS301.  If you move it behind the rear axle it
will not.  This is the rear end collision at 30 mph test for leaking tank.  I
documented this in my "Notes from the Corrosion Lab", Pickups 'n Panels in
Print June 1998.  My recommendation was to get a suburban or panel tank which
goes in front of the rear axle but inboard of the frame.
Bob ADler