Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation

To: boxerbull@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:45:39 EDT
In a message dated 05/14/2000 8:31:05 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
boxerbull@yahoo.com writes:

<< Where at did you install it.  I'm going to relocate
 mine to the rear in my '57 and am trying to decide
 what tank to use and the location for it. >>
Just aft of the rear axle. I removed the spare tire carrier and notched the
rear frame crossmember to allow the tank to sit closer to the bed floor.
You might also look into Suburban and Blazer tanks. I installed an 85 Blazer
tank under the bed of my 62, and it wasn't really difficult. I moved the
crossmember for clearance, and used special fuel-resistant hose for moving
the filler and vent openings away from the center of the truck. I'm still
going to use a bed floor filler location, but it'll be outside the frame and
behind the wheelwells.