Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation

To: ChevTruk53@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:19:03 EDT
I installed a 16 gallon fuel cell under the bed of my 48. For support I used
the straps available for purchase with fuel cells. I'm using VDO gauges, so
it was easy to install the sender by cutting with a hole saw. I grounded one
of the mounting screws to the frame. My truck has very heavy sheet metal bed
floor, so I cut a hole with a cutoff wheel for access to the filler. I got a
hinge and lock from the hardware section at Country General. To help support
the door, I welded a large washer in each corner of the opening.