Re: [oletrucks] 6 volt TF GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 volt TF GMC
From: Ken Deffenbach <kdfnbc@gate.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:50:39 -0400
< Has anyone seen or heard of a facotry GMC of Task Force design but still
using 6 volts?

I sent a reply to Bob's question but forgot to send a copy to the list.

My '55 Model 100 was originally 6 volt but converted to 12 volt at a later
date. When I bought it, the previous owner gave me a box full of parts
containing the original 6 volt generator etc. The truck also has the
heavier 6 volt wiring still in place.

I agree with Mark that the likelihood is that the leftover 6 volt parts
were being used up before the installation of 12 volt parts.

Ken