Re: [oletrucks] Emblem Paint

To: Frank Folkmann <ffolkman@gibsoncounty.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Emblem Paint
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:54:43 -0600
i don't know what would be the best paint, but i do know that paint or primer
doesn't stick well to chrome, so I am wondering if the chrome shop can etch the
painted areas for better paint adhesion. Another trick I learned as kid building
plastic models was to thin the paint 1 to 1 or even 2 to 1 thinner to paint
those
grills and. Try that with a brush. It ain't gonna happen. You simply just pour
the
paint in with an eye dropper or a syringe. Gravity pulls the paint to the lowest
area and you end up with an absolutly perfectly painted hood ornimant. You might
have to do half of the chrome piece at a time, because looking my AD truck's
orniment I see it  is curved a little. if you do it all at once, the paint will
be
thicker on one side of the letters that the other and it won't look very well .