[oletrucks] Interesting article in Pickups N Panels in Print--Fleet opti

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Interesting article in Pickups N Panels in Print--Fleet option trucks
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:01:52 EDT
Over the many years I've been on this list, there have been several threads
on legends of stripped down TF truck models with strange features such as
dual headlights instead of quad on the 58-59's, super simple grilles, no
emblems or chrome at all, strange dashes, strange bumpers and parking lights,
etc.  The latest PnPinPrint has an article on Fleet options for GMC trucks
and it discusses almost exactly the mythical trucks that have been discussed
on this list and provides several pictures.  They even had simplified hoods
and used Chevy instrument clusters with GMC logos on them instead of the
fancier GMC cluster.  This downgrade was apparently available on all body
styles--pickup, panel, suburban.

One other option of interest listed is the equally mythical 3.07 rear end
ratio available in these same trucks.

Question:

Has anyone actually ever seen one of these trucks or have pictures of them?
I'd be interested in buying one (truck, that is).

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN