Re: [oletrucks] Steering wheel gunk

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering wheel gunk
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:45:53 -0400
My golden state pickup catalog has a 2 page tech section on redoing a
cracked steering wheel. Photos and all---mayge GSPP is good for maybe
something now and then huh.... All things have been covered in the thread,
after epoxy has set up--you can sand with 80 grit to sand down then entire
steering wheel, or maybe a little finer, says you can use a flat file to
remove the excess expoxy, but don't go to far then you smooth with the 80
grit.
All cracks, even the tiny ones, should be repaired as they will only get
worse.Sand the wheel till your happy with it, then apply primer. The used
lacquer primer and paint, but used flex agents with the paint. Good luck,
wayne

At 01:51 PM 7/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>NM Jim, after the epoxy sets up for a day or two......what then?  Can it be
>sanded down to blend in with the wheel?  And how about painting the steering
>wheel.....special paint needed....or will any paint do?  Thanks for the
>help!
>Tom Caperton
>47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC

Wayne Osborne