[oletrucks] Steering columns

To: "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering columns
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:57:28 -0700
Just got back from a cruise.  There was an older truck (mid '30's)  There.
It had a V-8 in it.  I couldn't find the owner.  The thing that caught my
eye was this.  The steering column was out of alignment with the steering
box by about 5-6".  Instead of using U-joints and double "D" shafting this
truck had what looked to be a cable about 3/4-1" in diameter making the
connection.  I've never seen or heard of anything like this.  Do any of you
know anything about this kind of connection?  Is it safe?  Where can i find
more info?

            Mark Self
         Redlands, CA
   '55 1st 5-window 3100