Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:14:19 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/00 6:41:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, CLLLSLS@aol.com
writes:

> Hey everyone,
>
>  I'm replacing the turbo 350 in my '79 silverado with a 700R4 and I'm
curious

>  about the lockup torque converter. What does it do and what's the best way
>  go about hooking it up?
>
>  Dustin
>  50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
>  48 GMC 3/4 ton

  Several places offer lock-up kits, priced about $100.00 or so, you can
order through Jegs, Summit, jagsthatrun, etc.   Cheap way out is a toggle
switch, but you have to rember to unlock and lock it.

I've heard talk of guys going in and running wires from the 4rth gear
pressure switch  to the TCC solenoid...seems like a good idea, only locks up
in OD, unlocks automatically when you downshift.

Mike