Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:46:45 -0700
I run a non-lock up converter in my '73 Chev 4 x 4.  It's a custom build
(very beefy build compared to the lock up converters I've seen - but I guess
it would have to be) and has worked fine with the 33" tires on the truck for
40,000+ miles (even with some long-term off roading).  It requires some pump
modifications, but is a simple set up.  Whoever said forget the shift kit is
correct - they shift to hard for my liking.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100
'55 M38A1
'73 K-10