Re: [oletrucks] caddy rear ends

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] caddy rear ends
From: "R. Welch" <rwelch@ionet.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:16:13 -0500
I used the caliper mounting plate and calipers from a 79 Sedan DeVille on my
80 T/A 10-bolt rearend in my 56 - they were a bolt-on.  The rotors were 5 on
5 bolt pattern - I don't know what the Seville is - so that wouldn't work on
the T/A rearend.  I purchased new rotors for the 80 T/A (79-81 Camaro and
T/A had a rear disc option).  I didn't even measure the width of the Caddy
rearend because I just used the brake parts.  It had an open 2.73
differential.  Supposedly, my rearend was bad - I couldn't tell what was
wrong with it - everything seemed to work ok - and paid $50 for it.

Bob Welch
'56 Cameo
'55 Belair
Bartlesville, OK