[oletrucks] 350 starter- Thanks!

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 350 starter- Thanks!
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 17:55:23 -0500
Thanks, everyone, for the advice on the 350 starter.  Went to the local NAPA
dealership, bought an $80 starter with a high temp solenoid, and haven't had
a grinding problem since I put it on.  And I was going through the $15
starters at the rate of about 1 per week.

I still have a question, however.  Although there is no grinding, when the
engine is hot, the sarter seems to drag a little.  Is this characteristic of
Chevys, or is there still a problem that I need to address.  It starts every
time, just a little slower to turn over after I've been driving awhile.

Thanks!

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)