Re: [oletrucks] Pumpkin Gasket

To: <Pastorjon994@cs.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pumpkin Gasket
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:03:42 -0400
It's a pretty good sized job to replace that gasket. Drop the front U-joint,
pull the axles, them remove entire torque tube and chunk. This will likely
lead to other stuff like replacing seals, maybe torque tube bushing and
brake shoes if you find leaks there. Unless it's REALLY leaking bad, maybe
you should just drain the lube, shoot some RTV silicone around the seam and
be done with it...

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL