[oletrucks] Vendor report

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Vendor report
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:25:35 EDT
Attention old truckers:
    Recently, I ordered two repo Huck front brake drums ($85 each +
shipping) from Jim Carter.  I used the phone since I could not make their
on-line order system work.  I called first thing Monday, 24 July.  Since
these items were listed under "new" items on the web site, I verified that
they were in stock.  I was assured that they had received a pallet with 102
of these units and mine would be shipped right out.
    On Wednesday, 2 August, I E-mailed Jim Carter to find out why I
still didn't have any drums.  A day later they replied that my order had
"slipped through the system," but would be shipped in two days.
    Today is August 8 and still no drums!  I have dealt with Chevy Duty,
Obsolete Chevy Parts, Heavy Chevy and other sources and never received
service like this.  I know that some group members had good experiences
with Jim Carter, so this is strictly FYI.  I guess you have to put up with
some hassle when it is the only supplier with what I want at a decent
price.
    P.S.  I wonder if I will get the 5% group discount I asked for.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX