[oletrucks] My junk yard mis adventure.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] My junk yard mis adventure.
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:56:43 -0600 (MDT)
I tried to post a similar message earlier, but messed up:

So I went to the junk yard on Saturday hoping to come back with a Pacer
front end and some kind of rear end for my truck.  The trip basically end
with me driving home tired and sad.  About 1+ away from where I live there
is a junk yard that was in existance for over forty years (what I was
told).  This was the place I was planning on finding what I needed for my
ole truck.  When I arrive, I noticed the front of the yard looked a little
empty.  As I got closer I noticed there were no cars left!!  This was a 12
acre yard, FULL of cars and trucks dating back to the 40s and up to about
the late 70s.  I really could not believe the yard was empty, so I drove
around the perimter to find a few Impalas tri-5's and 2-AD's were all that
remained!!  I managed to talk to a rancher who told me that about 6months
ago, a crusher was brought in, and it took a month, but everything was
crushed and hauled off.  Apparently, the old man who owns the yard is
still alive and lives there, decided to get rid of everything.  I managed
to talk to his wife for a bit and from what I understand, Frank was out in
the yard and fell down, and has been sick since then.  This couple is in
their 90's and they lived in the yard for more then 1/2 their lives.  I
was releived to hear they were still kickin' but sad to see the stuff all
gone.  I suspect they sold the land to pay medical bills, after Frank
fell, but I really dont' know.  Anyway, a great resource has been lost,
there was lots of stuff in there that would be very difficult to replace.
-alfie