RE: [oletrucks] Plating Process

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Plating Process
From: "Larry R. Kephart" <vpa@laroke.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:24:17 -0400
Deve,

I have both Eastwood products. I have had good luck with the Zinc
electroplating process on cotter pins, small springs and flat washers so
far. I also have the Eastwood small tumbler and after plating, toss the
parts in it to impart a satin sheen to the dull gray plating. I am happy
with the results but, like you say, the process is tedious (one part at a
time). I have not had satisfactory results with the blackening system yet,
but that is due to my lack of skill and the fact I have tried to treat parts
that are too large for the system. I have better hopes for when I get around
to smaller parts that can be completely submerged. You are right in your
assumption that neither kit is suitable for a 55 gal drum full of parts
(unless you also have several years of time to devote to the task).

Larry Kephart
1955 1st 3100 Chevy (BillyBob)
1991 Jeep Wrangler (Renegade)
Boca Raton, Florida