RE: [oletrucks] Once Bitten.

To: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Once Bitten.
From: "Gwyn Reedy" <mgr@mgrcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 06:02:50 -0400
Bill,

I'm sorry to hear of your problem with this auction. Kinda feel involved as
I was the one who posted notice of the auction on the 40-46 mailing list.

I have made over 150 purchases via on-line auctions and have no horror
stories to tell. In fact, of those 150+ purchases only 3 or 4 were not as
advertised and everyone of them refunded my money when I returned the part.
The main problem I see with auctions is the tendency to bid an item up too
high, but that is something you can blame on yourself.

The reason I like to use on-line auctions and classifieds is that the
selection of old parts is immense. I have found nearly every part I need for
each of my restoration projects and haven't had to spend time searching junk
yards and pulling parts. I guess the same is true of Hemmings, but there you
find more dealers and less personal sales.

I deleted all of my e-mail about the bumper after you won the auction. I had
asked the gent for some additional information on the item and he did
respond. I live in Florida, but about 4 hours drive from Lake Worth, so
can't go look him up for you.

I hope he is merely off-line for some acceptable reason and that this works
out for you.

Gwyn Reedy
Brandon, Florida
mailto:mgr@mgrcorp.com